Render Update

"The Wanderer" Claudia McKinney (Phatpuppy Art)
It's been a while since I gave my last update for Render and there have been DEVELOPMENTS. I had hoped for a summer release for Render, however, my real life responsibilities have had other ideas. Stupid sentient responsibilities having a mind of their own... Any way, I teach a fairly substantial course load during the school year and this last academic year was heavier than usual. If you've followed this blog or my twitter feed, you'll remember the Saga of the Research Papers. These research papers ate my winter and spring. All the time I thought I'd have to finish the first draft and edit was filled with grading, so much grading. I nearly died from the paper cuts alone.

This pushed back the release to late summer. I always think I'll have all this time to do STUFF over the summer. I'll tweak my classes! I'll visit my new baby niece living across the continent! I'll go on vacation with friends from college! I'll produce a book! Yeah... Between family and friend responsibilities and my two careers, my summer filled up real quickly. I now have less than two months until school starts again with many, many things to accomplish before then. There are simply not enough hours in the day for me to finish the edits for Render and have a product by August that's good for more than being a monstrous doorstop. I really wanted to have this book done by July or August, but for me to not hyperventilate constantly (which makes all swoony in a bad way) and to not have a nervous breakdown, I need to push the release back to October. I know. Not what you wanted to hear. But trust me, you'd much rather have a book that's been edited and copy edited well than a rush for an earlier release. Also, if you want me to live to complete the series, I have to push back this deadline.


On a happier note, this month I should be re-releasing Shatter with the new loverly cover art by the incomparable Claudia McKinney (Go lose hours of your life to perusing her deviantART account here. It's worth it.) I'll announce when the new cover is live both in e-book and print options. Also, if you don't stalk my twitter feed, might I introduce the cover art that I collaborated on with Claudia for Render. She's titled the piece "The Wanderer" and I'm in love with it. Why, hello, Kade! Yes, you are looking quite dashing and dangerous today.

Comments

  1. Yay! I will wait as patiently as I can until October. :) Good choice on getting proper copy editing done; it will make your next book that much better and easier to read. I can't wait to find out what happens next in this amazing world you're creating. (Seriously. I've been checking Amazon every month or so to see whether there's anything new. Now that I've found your blog, I'll be able to check here, instead.)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you so much, Amanda! It makes me giddy to know other people enjoy frolicking in my imaginary world besides me! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey it's finally October! I'm so excited to read Render. I couldn't take my eyes out of the first book, so when can I glue my eyes to the second?! Please say it'll be out soon! When you're left with a cliff hanger, ya just wanna know what's gonna happen next!

    -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, just finished SHATTER and i am looking forward to reading RENDER. However it has reached November and still no sign of RENDER on Amazon.... when can we be expecting it please please please??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Render will be released on November 16, 2011. There is no pre-order. It will go live on the 16th. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts