The Children of Man official message board

The most common refrain I've heard from readers is the demand for Render the sequel to Shatter and the second book in The Children of Man series to be finished.  I'm working on that.  In the meantime, over on goodreads there is a message board where readers have the chance to discuss pretty much anything and everything regarding the world of The Children of Man.  If you have theories as to what's going to happen next or if you'd like to get into the mechanics of how color magic works or if you just want to gush about characters, this is the place for you.


I'll be sure to pop in and throw in my two cents, but I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a place to commiserate with other readers while you wait for Render.


Cheers!

Comments

  1. I'm halfway through Shatter, and it's been a great read. Love the characters, and your descriptive writing abilities are awesome! There's only one criticism I offer, and that's some of the dialog. In many instances, you'll have one character address another by name. And it goes back and forth.
    "That's mine, Jack."
    "Bob, no it's mine."
    "Give that back to me, Jack."
    "I told you, Bob, that it's mine."

    People really don't talk like that in real life. On TV and movies, the characters will address each other by name a lot in the beginning so we know who's who. But in reality, we hardly ever call someone by their name when we're having a conversation with them. If we are calling to them, or trying to get their attention, we'll use their name. But in everyday conversation (even around a campfire), people don't really address each other by their names. Just one teenie tiny criticism. But your storytelling is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts